Sunday, November 7, 2010

last liddiard post.

I know I harp on about Gareth Liddiard like my life depends on it, but this will be the last post regarding him for a while- I promise!

I saw him at the Thornbury Theatre on Friday with my parents, where he playedStrange Tourist in its entirety, followed by an encore of some of favourite Drones songs; I am the Supercargo, Locust and Jezabel. It would be in my top 3 gigs of the year. He displayed so much emotion in the songs, especially the Radicalistion of D (which is intense enough on CD- hearing it live nearly made me want to cry when it got to the 'you're living in a nightmare...' part).

One of my favourite parts of seeing Liddiard live is his wonderfully witty banter littered between songs. I think my favourite was when he spoke after playing Supercargo and he said he was in Mexico hopped up on drugs when he wrote the song, and when he played it back it was so slow.

Fuck, I can't do him justice. I'm making him sound like a wanker.

He's not though.

I don't think.

1 comment:

  1. The more Gaz the better really. I can't wait to see him next weekend.

    ReplyDelete